I exist to love my God and to love his people. I will not be a slave to fear and I will not allow the "what if's" of life to hinder me; I will embrace freedom. I will follow the call of my heart to be a harbor of refuge and a safe place. I will raise my hands in sweet surrender and fall humbly to my knees in submission to my faithful, merciful, loving King and the work of his hands. I will worship in abandonment, love relentlessly, and forever abide in my Creator, my First Love, my Everything.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Welp.

Well alright, It’s been quite some time since my last post..my bad. As much as I’d love to catch up on the all things going on my life lately, I think this will do for now.


So, I promise if you keep reading you’ll get my point..it always take me a bit to get there, so bear with me.


When I drive I absolutely hate when people are driving in front of me. They can be going the speed limit, or even going above it and I’ll still pass them. I pass them because I like to know what is in front of me so that I can always be ready to anticipate (I feel the same even when I'm a passenger). I’m sure you know the feeling. This past weekend my basketball team and I traveled to Moberly, MO for a game and on the way back I was wide awake and fully intended just to stare out the front window (riveting, right?;) ). However, there was a problem. Bree was sitting right in front of me and to top it all off we were the last van out of four vans. Imagine my frustration. I kept shifting my position just so I catch a glimpse of what was going on in front of me. No matter how much I moved, there was always something blocking my vision. I finally gave up the struggle and went back to playing bejeweled on my iPod which was right in front of my face. Cool story, right? Nah, but what I’ll say next is kinda cool. Ha.


I decided that this is what I’m doing with my life right now. I’m constantly trying to see and anticipate what is going to come. I’m trying to pear around everything just to get a glance of what I should expect instead of focusing on what is right in front of my face...Jesus. I am too concerned with the “what if’s” in life and I’m missing out on everything that God has placed before me right now in this season of my life. Honestly, it's very exhausting. I have found that instead of being joyful and patient during this season, I'm stressed, worried, and losing sight of Jesus.


Going back to the trip from Moberly to Joplin, I couldn't see everything that was before me, but it didn't matter because I arrived at my destination. I want to be able to say the same about life. Even If I can't see exactly where God is leading me, I know that he'll get me to wherever it is he wants me to be.


Sooo, I will continue to fix my eyes on Jesus and trust in my Helper, the Maker of heaven and earth.


Also.... I've written a mission statement and I'd like to share it


I exist to love my God and to love his people. I will not be a slave to fear and I will not allow the "what if's" of life to hinder me; I will embrace freedom. I will follow the call of my heart to be a harbor of refuge and a safe place. I will raise my hands in sweet surrender and fall humbly to my knees in submission to my faithful, merciful, loving King and the work of his hands. I will worship in abandonment, love relentlessly, and forever abide in my Creator, my First Love, my Everything.


peace and love.

2 comments: