I exist to love my God and to love his people. I will not be a slave to fear and I will not allow the "what if's" of life to hinder me; I will embrace freedom. I will follow the call of my heart to be a harbor of refuge and a safe place. I will raise my hands in sweet surrender and fall humbly to my knees in submission to my faithful, merciful, loving King and the work of his hands. I will worship in abandonment, love relentlessly, and forever abide in my Creator, my First Love, my Everything.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

And so it begins...


Welcome to my blog (: I'm not really sure how to start this thing so I'm just going to go for it. I guess I can start with a little about me. The first thing you need to know is that I strive to love God and love people every day in any way that I can. God is the foundation of all that I am and it is my goal to bring glory to his Kingdom everyday bythe way I live my life. I'm 19 and I'm from Prescott, Arizona and I attend Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri. I love my college and that I am here but I hate Missouri...but it's so worth it. I feel God has called to serve in the inner city. I have a heart for broken people who are seeking refuge from the darkness they live in. I believe God is going to use me to do something awesome and I am pumped for what he is going to do in and through me!


PS. I hate grammar...probably because I'm bad at it so if you're going to read this just ignore the grammatical errors that are going to cover this thing. It's my blog and I don't really care and neither should you ha


The main reason I wanted to start a blog is because I like to write. It's how I express myself when words fail me..which is like 99% of the time. I'm no poetic genius, I mean heck, half the time I probably don't make any sense to other people but it's not for other people. Its for me and for whoever reads it to, who knows, maybe be blessed by it or something. I don't know. I'm going to be honest, I am going to be real, I am going to be me (:




I would like to introduce you to a few of the people who have made a big impact in my life.
















This beautiful lady with me is my mommy. She is the strongest, most beautiful, hardworking, dedicated, loving, caring, fantastic, understanding, wonderful, gentle, kind, awesome, amazing, pure hearted woman I have ever known and will ever know. I have learned

so much from her and I am so proud of who she is. I couldn't have asked for a better mom even though she thinks otherwise. She has helped me become who I am today and I'm so thankful that she is my mom.



Next...

















Gabe, my brother. He's pretty stinkin awesome! I love this kid so much. He has taught me so much about loving people without hesitation and seeing them for who they are. What most people don't know about Gabe is that he is autistic. His disability is found in his brain so most people don't see he has a disability and it's hard for people to understand Gabe. Don't let his autism fool you though...he is just like any regular pain in the butt brother. He pushes my buttons and picks on me, he's starting to get taller than me, he's proud of me, and i am proud of him. Gabe is like a musical genius. If you teach him something on the drums he'll pick it up right away. It's awesome. I love this kid.



These next few people are in no specific order...

















Miss Carlyl Machelle Jonovich is probably the longest friend that I've ever had. We met when we were in the fifth grade and we hated each other, then somehow during in the midst of the chaos of middle school, high school, and everything that comes with it we built a bond that can not be easily broken. She knows me better than anyone else and I am so blessed to have her in my life. Even though we live 1400ish miles away from each other nothing has changed between us. We pray almost every night together and talk for at least an hour every night. It's wonderful. Carly is one of the few people I can trust with everything and know that she would never judge me. She is a beautiful yo woman seeking after God and I am so blessed to be able to watch her grow, learn and learn from her.

















The lovely Tosha Lowry. Tosha and I met last semester because we were lucky enough to be in the same life group and live a few doors down from each other. I believe God put her in my life for a very clear reason and that is to encourage me, challenge me, keep me accountable, and become a friend for the rest of my life. Tosha and I talk about EVERYTHING. I have never had a friend like her and I am so blessed to have her in my life. I know God is going to use her to do incredible things for the kingdom and I am so blessed to be a part of her life. Words don't even begin to explain the friendship we have. It's so cool (:

















Charity Groom...my RM. Charity is probably the most godly woman I know..and she's my roommate! How cool! She is soo wise (probably the wisest person I know) and I love soaking up everything she has to say. She's not afraid to call me out and keep me accountable. She sharpens me and challenges me so much. I am so glad that I have her in my life to keep me grounded and encourage me to be the godly woman I am trying to be. She is in love with Jesus and I think that it is so wonderful and encouraging to know that He is truly sufficient for her.

















Rachel Young. Rachel is amazing. I have so much fun with her its ridiculous. We like to act like we're six years old all the time haha! Rachel's friendship means a lot to me. She practically lived at my house for a while and we spent every day and through this time I got to form a very special friendship. We have helped each other through some pretty crappy situations and I am so proud of the Christian woman she is becoming every day. Rachel has had a rough year but she can still smile and seek after God with a willingness to learn and grow from what he is teaching her. She inspires me and encourages me unlike any one else and I am so thankful to have her in my life and I love her very much.

















Danae Sotzin. If you don't know her you're missing out. Big time. Danae challenges me spiritually more than almost any one else. She has an incredible desire to know God and live her life like Jesus. I have some of the best talks with Danae and walk away from each of them inspired, encouraged, and challenged every time. God is going to use her to do something unique and amazing for the kingdom. I look up to Danae a lot for her strength and her honest desire to live differently. She has been through a lot of junk the past couple of months and I am so encouraged to see her seek after what God is teaching her in this season of her life. Back in March, Danae and I had an awesome talk and we realized that God, the creator believes in us. Saying this and believing this truth about God has been one of the most incredible things ever and I am so glad her and I were able to share that realization together.



















Tiffany Green! I love this girl! We met at the beginning of first semester and first I was struck by her undeniable beauty then by her friendliness and people person-nesss (yeah I just made that up but its my blog) Tiff was there when I first fell in love with the city and I know she will always be there to encourage me follow the call God has on my life to serve in the city She has challenged me to break outside of my box and show people the real me and I am so thankful for that.

















Somer Soard. This girl is truly amazing. If it wasn't for her my first year of college would have looked very different. Somer is who encouraged me to play basketball this year and I am so glad she did. Her and I mess around a lot but our friendship is solid. She has really helped me find myself in the midst of my chaotic life. She challenges me and pushes me to do my best in everything. She is really good at seeing people for who they are and helping them see themselves. I love her a ton and I love beating her up!



And last but certainly not least...my Nana

Words don't even begin to describe how incredible my nana was. She was the most loving person I have ever known. It didn't matter who you were or what you've done, she loved you without hesitation. She never spoke negatively about anyone but instead tried to see the best in every person and in every situation. She never judged or looked down upon you. She only built you up in any way that she could. She is the best cook I know and I hope one day I'll master her tortillas (they're my favorite and no one else's come close to comparing) My nana was the glue that held our family together. She loved, she gave what she had, and she prayed for people by name every time she felt led. Her love for God was pure and strong and she trusted him with everything. She knew that he heard her and that he loved her so much. Her faith and her love is something that I will strive for everyday of my life. She taught me how to be a good wife, a loving mother, and faithful follower of God. My Nana arrived on earth July 12, 1955 and she met Jesus on April 12, 2010. Even though I miss her a ton I know she is in heaven dancing and spending time with her Creator.

I want to share with you what I wrote and presented at her memorial service. I believe God used me a lot to bless people with the things he placed on my heart and the things he placed on my Nana's heart.

I don’t know what to say. I know that I miss her. I want to hug her. I want to hold her hand again. But I can’t. What I can do though is praise God for all that we are going through, because she did. I can know that my God is faithful, because she did. I can know that God is present and standing by to help even though I can’t seem him, because she did. I can say, Lord I trust you. All things work out for your victory in my life, because she did. I can say, God is in control of my life, because she did. I can even say, Lord, I give you all my fears of dying, because she did. All these things and many more are written in the margins of her Bible. Her raw and honest prayers to God written throughout her Bible are truth. They’re encouragement. They’re God speaking through her to me. And I want to share some of my favorite things with you. Lord help me to be radiant and happy and grateful. These three things, radiant, happy and grateful are all descriptions of my Nana. Not to mention she was beautiful, kind, selfless, and loving. Prayer is the place where burdens change shoulders. The last time we were together we were sitting on her bed talking and we started talking about God and prayer and stuff and she told me that sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night and she doesn’t know why, then people just start coming to mind and so she prays for them. She doesn’t try to go back to sleep, she prays. She takes the things that burden her heart about people and she gives them to God. The secret of peace is to give all your anxieties to God and We experience peace not pain when we trust the power of God. Lord, help me to focus on the good. Nana trusted God and received peace in her life. It would have been so easy to let all of the hurt she’s experience steal her joy and trust in the Lord, but she didn’t. She had peace because she trusted the power of God. That’s why I can stand up right now and say to you all that I feel more peace and joy than I do pain. Because I know that my Nana trusted in God and received peace in her times of hurt. She focused on the good; her family; her husband; her children; her grandchildren. She didn’t let the lies and deceit of satan steal her peace, her hope, her joy. And because of her hope and peace and belief in God I know that she is in heaven with Jesus right now. She isn’t sick anymore. She isn’t hurting. She’s smiling and dancing and rejoicing and praising her Creator. God’s unseen presence comforts me, I know he’s always near and when life’s storms besiege me soul He says, “my child, don’t fear.” When I read this my heart filled up with so much joy. All of who Nana was is because she knew that God is faithful and that he was with her always. She knew that he would comfort her, protect her, guide her, draw near to her, heal her, restore her, provide for her, wrap her in his arms and keep her safe. Don’t give up, wait on the Lord. Nana never gave up. Never. She always trusted, always persevered, always gave all she had. She waited patiently for God’s perfect timing of deliverance. She knew he would come through and so she waited and saw his faithfulness in everything. Will you be ready to embrace your heavenly father? I was challenged by this statement. I really had to check my heart and ask myself, am I living in a way that is pleasing in the eyes of my heavenly Father? I know from now on, that is what I'm going to strive to do, because she did.



So, I was supposed to post this blog in early April, but because of a ton of different circumstances I was slightly delayed. Sorry this isn't anything super exciting but now you know some of the important people in my life. Hopefully the next blog I post will be soon. Thanks for checking it out! Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment